Monday, June 18, 2018

The Beautiful Inn in the Prairie

Through times of both turbulence and tranquility, so many of my friends remain there for me.

One such couple are the Janzens, proprietors of the Rosebud Country Inn. We met when I had the tea house in Three Hills and since then I have known with rare certainty that these two are in my corner.

And so it proved again last week. I had to be in Rosebud for an Ag dinner; the next day I was scheduled to attend the matinee performance on Main Stage.

When BJ heard of this, she promptly invited me to stay the night and "get caught up."

I thought I would make her a peanut butter pie - but we were out of peanut butter. Who runs out of PNB?!

So instead, here is my birthday card to a woman of great integrity, kindness, courage, humour and heart.



Psalm 23, Rosebud paraphrased version








BJ and Ken are my hosts; I shall not want.



They make me to lie down in Room 7:






they lead me to a place of tranquility












They restore my soul.



They reveal to me a path of hopefulness
for love's sake.







 Yea, though I often walk through valleys and shadows,




and occasionally ponder death,










This morning I will fear no evil
for they are with me;












Their welcome and their kindness comfort me.




They prepare a table before me with the absence of any enemies;






they anoint my body with bath salts and balance




My cup runs over



Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all this livelong day;





















and I will return to stay in the Rosebud Country Inn




















for as long as they allow me!


Happy birthday, and many more!!


20 comments:

Suki K Braich said...

Masala chai....lolzz

Carol Kurbis said...

What a delightful birthday ‘card’!

Karyn said...

It was a pretty delightful little escape ...

Diverse Collector said...

Lovely! True friendships.

Bronwyn Spilsbury said...

Your handwriting ...

Bronwyn Spilsbury said...

I want to stay there!

Karyn said...

Let me know when you can come!!

Bronwyn Spilsbury said...

I'll work on it!

Sara-Lyn Quist said...

Sounds amazing!

Karyn said...

It is. Plus they have a pie shop in the afternoons!

Sara-Lyn Quist said...

I wish I lived closer again!!

Deborah Sharp Wenman said...

Lovely place, we stayed there a few years ago for our anniversary

Joyce Lloyd said...

Where is this?

Karyn said...

It is about an hour and a half from where I live. When you come to see me, we will definitely go there! So now you HAVE to come see me!

Joyce Lloyd said...

I'm planning on it. Love you.

Subbiah Kalappa said...

Hi sis Karyn you stayed in a beautiful place and and you put psalm 23 in it beautifully praise the Lord for giving a friend like you.

Karyn said...

Maybe you and Pravin need to make another trip out here!!

J Robert Davidson said...

Is that a good cup of coffee?

Karyn said...

It's actually a perfectly steeped cup of cream Earl Grey. But you can choose either coffee or tea, delivered to your room half an hour before the time you choose for breakfast!

Karan Gleddie said...

Dear Karyn, this was so much fun to read. The anticipation of the people and action down to the food. I loved this story, makes me wish I could enjoy it too. Wimbledon always seemed so far away, and I never really kept up with it. Through your eyes it is wonderful, thank you for sharing your memories.
Hugs, Karan Gleddie