Saturday, November 14, 2020

Angels In The Room

Somehow, he knew.

I was awakened extremely early this morning to the Good Rancher's shoulders shaking as he wept, almost in his sleep. On his Samsung pad were the hushed, joyful sounds of the song "Angels in the Room".

And he was praying for Ron. 

He has been there. In just a few days it will be eight years since he lost his wife of 25 years, his partner, his other half.

And so, prior to the breaking of the dawn, he was praying for his friend Ron.

This morning we received the message, through Ron, from their daughter Sandy that we were anticipating, the message we were praying for, the message we were dreading:

"Late last night, with my Dad, my brothers and I around her bedside; Mom went home to Jesus. 

We watched my mom suffer for a long time, she showed us everyday that:

Pain + Thankfulness, 

Suffering + Joy, 

Grief + Hope; with Jesus, these things coexist together. We wept and we laughed and then we all said goodbye. This is the journey we will walk until we see her face again. 🌹"

Now we who are left mourn. Now we rejoice.

Oh Ron. We glory with you and we weep with you. I think I told you this before, but a wise old pastor told my Dad at my Mum's funeral, "She is with God. And God is with us. So she's not very far away..."

But what a chasm is that infinitesimal distance today! 

Oh, Sweet Jane. 





17 comments:

Sandy Parker said...

A couple weeks ago my husband had a vision of two angels waiting peacefully in the kitchen for her. Then last week she said they were sitting next to her. They certainly were in the room, thank you for sharing.

Karyn said...

Oh Sandy... xoxo

Dee Green said...

So sorry for the loss of your dear Friend, Karen & Arnie ❤️

Joyce Lloyd said...

So sorry for your loss of this special lady, but I know that you are also rejoicing.

Bronwyn Spilsbury said...

I was just this week thinking of you starting the song, “This is holy ground...” as we entered Dad’s sacred funeral service. It’s so true, in solemn witness, yet with rejoicing, still today. Praying for the community and both of you there.

Judi Madge said...

Jane has been on my mind a lot this week, and I have been expecting this news. And as much as well miss her, we have the hope of seeing her again. Thanks for the notice. ❤️❤️

Maureen Wasdal said...

Oh Karyn, hugs to you and Arny. I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend Jane. Glad that I was able to meet her when you had her talk to us in Endiang. ❤️

Doreen Nixon said...

So so sorry for the loss Of your great friend Karyn & Arny. Jane was a very special lady & we were so honoured & blessed to meet her & hear her speak at your ladies get together last year Such an awesome memory & treasure. Hugs& prayers special lady & GR ��������

Martyn Smith said...

Great song!!

Kathy Covert said...

“She is with God and God is with us...” Thank you, Karyn for that thought - a comfort to many of us.

Karyn said...

Kathy, offered to Dad by the wonderful Tony Hansen, who knew...

Kathy Covert said...

Karyn, yes. He did. Your dad had such a wonderful cadre of Godly men around him. And he lent wisdom to those men. What a saint!

Geraldine Wesa said...

Sorry to hear my condolences to family and church members.

Sharon Bethune Ralph said...

I am so sorry

Edna Kary said...

Such a beautiful song you shared, Karyn. Thank you.

Norma Templar said...

Memories are a gift from God we have with us for ever. ❤️

Deborah Ironside said...

Much love to you and the GR. Praying for you and Jane's family.